Everyone's talking about Zoom these days! Are you feeling a little behind the curve? That's okay, we all do sometimes. But if you're missing your friends and want to sign up for a FREE Zoom account to use for Sunday school classes, small groups, or just visiting with your friends & family, let me assure you - it's easy!
All you need to do is follow these steps, and you'll be Zoomin' in no time!
- Go to Zoom's sign up page at https://zoom.us/signup. At the top, you can enter your email in the box labeled "Your work email address." Even though Zoom asks for a work email, a personal email will work fine!
- Check your email inbox for an activation email from Zoom. Click the "Activate Account" button in the email.
- On the page that opens up in your web browser, fill in your first and last name and a password.
- On the next page, you can invite other people to create a free Zoom account via email. You can skip this step if you want.
- Next, you'll be given a link to your personal meeting URL and will have the option to click an orange "Start Meeting Now" button to start a test meeting. If you click that orange button, you should be prompted to download the Zoom desktop app. Follow the prompts to install the app.
- After you've installed the Zoom app, you'll see buttons to "Join a Meeting" or "Sign In." To start your test meeting, click "Sign In."
- On the next screen, enter the email and password you just used to sign up for Zoom in your browser.
- Once you're logged in, make sure you're on the "Home" tab, and then click the orange "New Meeting" button in the Zoom app. Your meeting will start. Now you're ready to Zoom!