visit our facebook pages for the latest news from children's and youth ministry!
children's ministry (Preschool - 5th grade): click here
youth ministry (6th grade - college): click here
The mission of Asbury and Family Ministries is to equip families to engage the heads, hearts and hands of kids and youth, sharing and living the good news of Jesus Christ in a loving, progressive and inclusive community of disciples who make disciples.
A Safe and Fun Place to Learn!
Safe Gatherings Training for all volunteers!
Our Family Ministries team is dedicated to making sure your children and youth have a fun and safe learning community. All adult participants in our Family Ministries programs have gone through background checks and Safe Gatherings training (a Biblically-based boundary awareness and abuse prevention program) before they are able to work with our kids.
If you would like to start the Safe Gatherings process so that you can work with our children and youth programs please contact our Director of Family Ministries, Heather Jackson, at
or 913.815.6685, and she can get you set up with the link for online training.
A Note from Heather Jackson, Director of Family Ministries
Our current reality can be hard, overwhelming, and even anxiety-producing. In these times, take a deep breath, pray for peace, and talk openly about your fears, concerns, and hopes. Be proactive and follow the CDC's recommendations here: click for link, and if the weather cooperates, take a walk.
I encourage you to continue to pray:
1. For those in our community, nation, and world who have contracted the novel coronavirus and their families.
2. The communities worldwide who are seeing community spread and economic impact.
3. The federal, state, and local officials and administrators who are making decisions.
4. The health professionals who are on the front lines day in and day out and their families.
5. Students of all ages, and their families, whose way of life has been disrupted and who will have to adjust to a new normal of online classes and online work. Pray for them as they grieve the loss of milestone events (proms, graduations, performances, etc.)
6. Those who reside in assisted care facilities and others who make up vulnerable populations.
7. Each other.