United WOMEN IN FAITH /
UNITED Methodist Women
The organized unit of United Women in Faith / United Methodist Women (UMW) seeks to connect and nurture women through Christian spiritual formation, leadership development, creative fellowship and education so that they can inspire, influence and impact local and global communities.
The organization is dedicated to missions for women, children, and youth through faith, action, and sisterhood. We provide fellowship, education, and mission opportunities on local, national, and international levels. UMW has over 150 years of helping others.
Asbury has Circles and interest groups. ALL are invited to join a Circle, interest group, or both and become a member. Each of the schedules is listed below. Also, you can download the UMW brochure if you would like more information: Click Here for UMW Brochure
- Lydia Circle meets at 7:00 pm on the third Tuesday of the month, usually in the Parlor. They share fellowship, spiritual growth, service projects, and current topics like climate-just energy for all.
- Martha Circle meets at 10:00 am on the third Thursday of the month in Room 208 for fellowship, study, and service projects.
- Sarah Circle meets at 4:30 - 5:30 pm on the third Tuesday of the month in the Parlor and/or on Zoom (hybrid format). Along with fellowship, they are involved with fitness, devotions, and more.
Special Interest groups include:
- Days for Girls: aims to empower women by providing sustainable, reusable feminine hygiene products. In many areas of our national and global communities, women are excluded from the educational system and the workforce when they are menstruating. Asbury has joined in making sustainable menstruation kits in an effort to support the independence, confidence, and safety of young women everywhere. Meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 9:30-11:30 am in Room 374.
- Care Mats: making mats for the homeless out of plastic bags. Meets on the 2nd of 4th Wednesday of the month from 9:30-11:30 am in Room 374.
- Reading Group: read and discuss books on the UMW reading list and other books. Meets selected Sundays at 3:30 pm.
- YARN Ladies: making shawls, hats, etc.
- Quilters, Etc.: all kinds of needlework. Meets Mondays at 1:30 pm in Room 208.
Women United in Faith sponsors events for the whole church, including three annual General Gatherings. In addition, we have sponsored Valentine Fest, ice cream socials, bingo, and our annual Soup Fest and Nut Sale. We use pledges to help global and local missions, including ones here at Asbury.
If you would like more information about joining, please contact UMW Membership persons Cheryl Shoemaker at 913.526.6035 or , or Sara Coe at 816.679.1730 or . Also, we welcome you to fill out our contact form below or download our Asbury UMW brochure here: Click Here for UMW Brochure. It will give you details on who to contact for different things.
Have any questions about UMW or are you interested in joining? Please fill out the contact form below!